Okay, the five weird things meme*. I’m behind a few days (trying to clear my desk and, uh, other important things), sorry.
(1) Houses without books make me really nervous. I just get edgy and fidgety and want to start going through closets or get the hell out. These sorts of people are not my friends. In fact, if I ever admit to them that I do write, they will probably throw, ah — I was thinking about the easiest and closest throwable thing in a house but then realized THEY DON’T HAVE ANY BOOKS!
(2) When at eating establishments that allow you to gather your own napkins, I always take three. I usually only use two. But that third one is always there. Just in case.
(3) I don’t like ice in my drinks. Why? Buttermilk. This one I figured out. I strain beverages with my teeth and it is due to getting a glass of buttermilk when I was a kid and thinking it was regular milk (thanks, Dad). Ever since then: Strainer Boy. No surprises in the beverages. Ice isn’t meant to go into your mouth but it hits my teeth. A cold click-click against your teeth. Yeah, wrong.
(4) Rubber-suit monsters and ninjas will make me lose my train of thought. In fact, you can park me in any room with either a Godzilla or a Sho Kasugi film on the boob tube and I will suckle happily. Well, maybe not for Final Wars. Man, won’t they ever figure it out? We don’t give a shit about the human stories; we want to see the guys in rubber suits laying waste to miniature versions of Tokyo. How hard can that be?
(5) I hate squash. All forms. It is the devil’s own, never mind. It’s best not repeated in public. Anyway, it makes me leave the room. Not as a gourd sitting on the table, I can handle that, but when you cook it? Yeah, evil.
Got a shipment of vinyl goodies from my guy in Germany. Tarmvred, Larvae, Bong-Ra and Abelcain. Dumped all that recordy big beat goodness to my hard drive and have set up a playlist on my MP3 player which will cause my head to explode next week. But I’ll be typing at lightspeed when it happens so I will have gotten a lot of work done. These are the drugs which fuel the writing commute.
*I was tagged by barthanderson. These are the rules: The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You have been tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours. I’m meme-killing here, so if you want to play, do so but don’t feel like I’m tagging you.